This week has been the strangest combination of awesome and disappointing. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, I took 3 long walks with friends and signed up for 2-weeks free at a beautiful yoga studio. I also registered for a painting class - but it was cancelled, and I had an interview on the calendar but it was pushed back a week. I've been incredibly productive and still have plenty to do - lots of work around the house, errands to run, and several networking events and professional development opportunities coming up. I like to stay busy and have been avoiding lazy days at home. Of course, my incredible kiddos always keep me on my toes. Tuesday we went to Halloween story time at the Westbank Library and tonight was a superhero themed Fall Festival at Clark's preschool.
Clark just started wearing undies, which means that sweet little Dash costume had to go straight into the laundry (along with a bag clothes from school) as soon as we got home. He also asked for a big boy bed. You would think this is a great time for me to focus on these things, but honestly I feel like I have enough on my mind without it! Hopefully next week's interview will be awesome and I'll have just enough time to get everything done before heading back to work. But, I suppose I wouldn't be too disappointed if I had to stay unemployed until the new year....


5 comments:
The kids look adorable in their costumes! It's hard to believe Clarkie is in just underpants. Good luck with your upcoming interviews. I know it must be so odd to not be working. Dad says it looks like you're having some pretty good storms - he saw about 10 tornado, flood, and thunderstorm warnings. Stay safe!
It's true!!! We've had amazing weather all week long, and today - torrential downpour and tornado warnings! Just driving the kids to school was insane. They're scared Halloween will be cancelled! I'm staying in this morning, working on my resume while listening to music and rain. Could be worse :)
that same storm is heading in our direction, so they changed trick-or-treating to tonight instead of Sat. Luckily, Johnny and I havent eaten all of the children's chocolate yet.
Amber, the new interview is about something especially interesting? love, susanna
Wait, can they officially change trick-or-treating night? Susanna, I was interviewing with another nonprofit, but the position was too junior for my experience. Now I'm interviewing with the County for a Human Resources/Recruiting role and it sounds interesting! I was a little bummed that the interview was pushed back, but now I have another week to prepare and look at other things.
Thanks... yes, they changed it as easily as they change a Mardi Gras parade. Good luck!! Love. Sp
Post a Comment