He may be little, but he sure has a great big sister. She helped him put on his gown, then helped answer every question the doctor asked (you know, the questions she asks so she can hear him talk and understand where he is developmentally). Clark didn't need any shots and he checked out just fine, so it was a pretty painless appointment. The dentist appointment didn't go quite so well. Clark was okay sitting in the chair, but once tools and pastes entered his mouth he was DONE.
Aurora on the other hand - she was almost TOO excited for the dentist! I don't know if she was playing it up for Clark or trying to prove that she's the better patient, but it was silly. She said the dentist is her FAVORITE PLACE and declared this the best day of summer yet! I said "Aurora, I bet you love swimming more than coming to the dentist," and she said she doesn't know - she loves them both so much. It's not even a fun pediatric dentist or anything! Honestly, Aurora has been having a great time swimming at her Grandma & Grandpa's condo just about everyday for over a week. The whole family went together over the weekend and I must say, Grandma Nancy is a great swimmer and she has great legs. I would guess she likes swimming more than the dentist.
Now that the party's over, Grandma's gone, and the appointments are done, you'd think we could take a bit of a breather - but not quite yet. Clark is changing daycares this week! More to come.





2 comments:
What cute pictures of Clark at the doctor's. I'm glad his checkup was just fine. Personally, I'd rather get the plague than go to the dentist, but it's nice that Aurora has such a good attitude about it.
Nice photo of Grandma Nancy with the kiddos! Yes, it is wonderful that Aurora has such a positive opinion of doctors & dentists, that perhaps will influence Clark's behavior on future visits, LOL. I personally avoid docs unless I have a problem. I do like to get my teeth cleaned every 6 months, it helps avoid tooth decay and other problems.
Is there anything that Aurora doesn't like, except for clowns?
Post a Comment