This weekend hasn't been ALL fun for Aurora. Last week she went bowling on a field trip, and she slipped and fell and her bowling ball squashed her pinkie finger! It turned purple and she was really afraid the nail would fall off, but it's healing nicely now. When yesterday's party moved to the pool, she cut her knee on a broken post in the water that had a sharp metal edge sticking out. The lifeguard was so nice when she came to help with her first aid kit, but then she mentioned that she'd noticed the problem and hadn't done anything about it. Huh. It stopped bleeding and Aurora really wanted to get back in the water, but a storm came rolling in so it wasn't meant to be. She had a surprisingly good attitude about everything. She still exclaimed that swimming in the lake and playing with her friends made for the best party ever! I may have overdone the party food and drinks, but hey - at least I have the rest of the week off to hydrate, eat salads and go to the gym, right? Oh, who am I kidding. We're totally going to eat ice cream all week!




2 comments:
Love the boat photo, on land, LOL! I guess the massive floods in Texas must be over now. :) Hope Aurora mends quickly for Summer Camp with Mom events.
All that fun sounds hard on Aurora, but we're glad everyone had a nice time.
Post a Comment