Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Winners!

I have to tell you, these past couple of weeks have not been easy. Balancing a busy time at work with two kids, doctors appointments, scheduled medications, and (believe it or not) cleaning, nit-picking an combing for LICE (oh Aurora) has been such a challenge. But this week, we are WINNERS! First, I won a contest on Facebook and got a free book called "Tales From Another Mother Runner." It arrived today and it looks great. I needed a new running book! Then I got a call from A+ Federal Credit Union. When Aurora opened her account (and subsequently made a deposit) during Youth Savings Month, she was entered into a drawing and SHE WON THE GRAND PRIZE! A $100 VISA gift card!!!


When I told her about it, she screamed, did a fist pump and squealed "YES!!! I'M RICH!!!" She is totally rich for a 7 year old. She's got money in the bank and money to spend. I told Chuck she should spend some of it on a haircut (seriously, with the nit-picking and combing) but he told me I can't make her spend her money on stuff like that. He's right. I'm sure she'll be smart with her newly acquired riches and can't wait to see what she buys.

Last week I went to a mom's night out with my friend Amelia. It was a packed event put on by Austin Moms Blog, and there was a huge raffle. I didn't win anything there, but Amelia got herself a nice new stroller! I think that belongs in this post, right?


I did get a goodie bag filled with snacks and coupons and enjoyed a fair amount of chocolate and booze. All in all, I'm feeling pretty lucky! It might just be time to pick up some lottery tickets.

3 comments:

Julian said...

Winner!

Cheezhead Robin said...


Hope the luck continues for all! Congrats to Aurora. Looking forward to see how she will spend it. Great way for Aurora to learn the value of money. My parents did the same for me.

Ellen said...

Congrats to all!