Friday, October 17, 2014

Certificates

This has been a very exciting week! Our Wednesday night doughnuts were in celebration of a few things. First, Wednesday was our Parent Teacher Conference and Ms. Zaroba had only great things to say about our girl. She said that Aurora finished Kindergarten reading a full grade level ahead and is currently so advanced that the only thing she works on with her is comprehension. Aurora is one of the only kids in class who can read silently to herself. She loves writing and drawing and is excelling in math. She's a sweet, loving friend who works hard and enjoys school. In fact, she's such a good friend that today she was honored at the weekly assembly with an award for CARING. The award says that they recently had a new student join the class and Aurora made that student feel welcomed. Ms. Zaroba told me that within hours of her first day Aurora was already saying that Ella was her new BFF.


I was awarded a certificate of my own this week when I graduated from a yearlong program called SOS Leadership Great Women Leaders. I've been focusing on goal setting, better communication and more confident leadership. If it wasn't for this program I probably wouldn't be training for that half marathon...


I'm so proud of both of our accomplishments but perhaps the most exciting thing was that we got our certificates in the same week! How cool is that?

5 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

Congratulations Aurora and Amber! I think you should go throw some donuts! love, susanna

Cheezhead Robin said...


Congrats Aurora & Amber! Well deserved.

Ellen said...

Wow, congrats, congrats, congrats!

Julian said...

Well done Amber and Aurora! I love it that the smartest little cookie is also the most caring...that's good parenting right there!

Nancy said...

That's really cool!