Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkins

Halloween might just be my favorite holiday. I love the fall, pumpkins, chocolate, and who doesn't get a kick out of seeing cute kids in costume? I like wearing sweaters, boots and scarves while sipping coffee, hot tea or cocoa in the mornings, and my commute is so much happier when I get to drive past beautiful fall leaves on crisp autumn days. Okay, so right now Austin's sort of muggy and rainy, but Halloween marks the beginning of the holiday season. It reminds us that year is coming to a close and the big holidays are waiting just around the corner. Did I mention pumpkins?


We took a trip to the local pumpkin patch this weekend, then carved a cute girly pumpkin named Edwina. Who wouldn't want to kiss those sweet pumpkin lips?


We also got to practice trick-or-treating at the Hill Country Galleria this weekend with our friend Melody. The girls had so much fun as "a doctor and a ballerina going shopping for candy." We got SO much candy, and the girls went on the bungee jump ride together!


I can't wait to see my kids in their costumes tomorrow... seriously, what's not to love about Halloween?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do a great job with the holidays. Happy Halloween!