Thursday, September 5, 2013

Transitions

This has been a big week full of all sorts of changes. My work just underwent some intense strategic planning, Chuck's company just moved into a new office, and I just finished weaning Clark. My body hasn't quite adjusted yet and Clark isn't thrilled about transitioning to cow's milk, but I know we'll both adjust soon. I have this week off and have been spending a lot of time with my parents, as they recently moved into our studio. Today they drove to Florida to help determine their next move.

We also just got the news that Chuck's stepfather Steve passed away. While we knew this was coming, it was still hard to hear. This is a picture from one of our last trips to Arizona. Steve never met Clarkie, but he really liked Aurora. The last thing he told us was not to have any more kids. 


It's okay - two kids is plenty. Today we had Kindergarten parent orientation and Chuck came along to meet Mrs. Parolini and learn about the curriculum. Aurora is transitioning great and really loving her school and teacher. She got this shirt today, which is something amazing to think about:


Yesterday we took a walk to the bus stop with Will and Clark and I asked Aurora to imagine the day they start Kindergarten. Aurora will be such a big girl by then, showing her boys the ropes! These two little guys will likely be getting Westlake Class of 2030 shirts in just a few years... 


Time keeps moving forward and things keep on changing, but I am so very thankful for my family, our jobs, and the opportunities we've had. I'm grateful that Steve decided to help raise Chuck & Andrew, and I'm so glad to have this week off to focus on cleaning, organizing, training, spending extra time with my family, having some space to myself, catching up, and processing life's transitions. 

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Sounds like a busy time for everyone. Is Chuck's new office location closer or further away? How will your job be changing?

We look forward to visiting with Nancy in Chicago when she visits for her annual church group reunion this weekend. Good time for her to be with old friends & relatives following Steve's passing.

Kate MacKinnon said...

So sorry to hear about Steve. Please pass my condolences on to Chuck and his mom. When I met him when I was visiting you in CA I thought he was a really nice man.

Amber said...

Thanks, Kate!

Robin, Chuck's company moved downtown, so his commute is just a little longer. My job shouldn't be changing, but our focus may become slightly different. I hope you're all enjoying Nancy's trip to Chicago! I'm glad she was still able to go...