Monday, February 25, 2013

Little Artist


The other day I took the kids to the park and overheard Aurora having the following conversation with a random girl who was about her age.

Aurora: When I grow up, I want to be a animal drawler.
Girl: I wanna be a animal drawler, too.
Aurora: Then we can work together!


She just got a new book which teaches her step-by-step how to draw animals, which she loves - but even before that she's been filling our wall with art. It started above her art table, moved over to this corner, and now there's art pretty much hanging on every spot of wall in the living room and play area!


In addition to animals, she can also draw a pretty awesome likeness of her daddy. I guess her cute little nose isn't the only thing she got from him...


PS: Clark's eye drops worked fast and his pinkeye is already cleared up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aurora's an excellent drawler, all right! We have 4 Aurora pictures (including the one in the top photo) up in the kitchen and we enjoy them every day.

Cheezhead Robin said...


Can Aurora draw a penguin or a duck yet, our favorites?

(Blog Question: Is anyone else having a problem reading these stupid Kaptcha codes? They are frequently so difficult to read that I have to rewrite the post a few times to get a code that works, and my post is deleted. I know that it is not my eyesight.)

Amber said...

Hi Robin,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the capchas! I always copy (ctrl+c) my comments before posting on any blog, in case it doesn't take and I have to login or retype the characters - doing that may help alleviate frustration. I know it's an extra step, but I find a lot of auto-generated spam comes into blogs that don't use it.

No penguins or ducks yet, but I'm sure those will come :)

Nancy said...

I agree with Robin & Bernice. It sometimes takes me as many as 3-4 tries to get the right thing typed in. Maybe it's an older person thing.

Glad everyone is better. Aurora seems to like art. I hope it takes with her.

Amber said...

Goodness. Okay, I changed it. You shouldn't have to do word verification now, but your comment won't show up until I've approved it.