I wanted to spend a post talking about Chuck's weekend trip to LA. One of his best friends, Curtis, is turning 40 and his wife Brooke surprised him with a trip to LA (where we all used to live). Then she took the surprise a step further by arranging for his best friends to fly out as well, and got tickets for all the boys to see Soundgarden together at the Wiltern. Pretty cool! Here's Mike, Curt, Shane, Zach, and Chuck on concert night:
They spent the weekend staying up all night, sleeping all day, and going out to a few of their favorite restaurants. I was following along on facebook when Curt posted that they were at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and for some reason, this vegetarian got an intense urge to eat chicken and waffles. Seriously. The truth is, I ate some turkey at Thanksgiving (it was deep fried), I had chicken noodle soup the whole time I had the stomach flu, and suddenly... I'm questioning everything. I was a vegetarian for 14 years, and this weekend, this happened.
I'm not sure what this means for the long-term. I'm not eating meat everyday or anything. I guess I'll just do what made me become a vegetarian to begin with - I'm going to eat whatever I feel like eating, and if that includes chicken every once in awhile, then I guess I'll eat chicken! Weird.
I wondered how Chuck would feel being back in LA. After all, it wasn't his idea to move away. He said the gridlock, poverty, and gas prices were all worse than he remembered, and he was glad to be home. I'm glad he was able to take a weekend off from work and life and spend some time reconnecting with old friends.


5 comments:
I love chicken and waffles, several places make it great here. When I was a teenager, the thing that tempted me off of a vegetarian lifestyle was a hot dog... so chicken is much better for you than that. Now I have poultry and seafood but not beef and pork. what an appetizing post! thanks, and love, susanna
We're glad Chuck got to see his friends and got back safely back home. I've been a vegetarian several times over the years and then went back to eating meat - I think people should just go with what they feel like eating. See you at Chick-fil-A!
Wow, congrats to eating whatever you feel like! Variety is good! I hope Aurora & Clark get to select their favorite foods after trying them, too.
Really cool wife to bring the guys together again! Kudos! Glad Chuck had an opportunity to see his "old" friends to bond again, and see LA today to verify that the move to Austin was good!
Thanks for letting Chuck fly in for the weekend...yay for cool wives!! And yay for chicken & waffles. YUM.
Sounds like a good week end for the "boys."
I believe you should eat what you feel like eating. I think our bodies know more about what we need than we do.
Post a Comment