This evening as we were on our way home from dinner with my folks, Aurora proclaimed today was the "best day ever!" It was a little cool and rainy, but we ventured out to Peter Pan mini-golf this morning so Aurora and Presley could play putt-putt golf for the first time. In 18 holes we went from eager to learn, to frustration, to figuring out their own methods, to just plain fun. There was even a hole-in-one and Grandma & Grandpa were there to cheer!
For lunch we took the girls down the street to Phil's Ice House and Amy's Ice Cream for some burgers and fries, outdoor play, photo booth fun, and (of course) dessert.
Afterwards we picked up Clarkie for another outing. This time it was a playdate with a few of my favorite co-workers! Rebecca hosted all the new moms at her house and as you can see, that includes 6 little ones who are all just about to turn one, in addition to mine (the tallest and the smallest). It was so much fun getting our babies together for the first time.
Our next playdate is already planned - the first of the first birthday celebrations. That's right, now our weekends will include 5th birthday parties AND 1st birthday parties - and I'm pretty sure the next few weekends will include a few more "best days ever" as well.





3 comments:
I always loved miniature golf when I was a kid, lots of fun.
Aurora & Clarkie are so fortunate to have parents, and now grandparents, taking them to fun children events. Great for learning social skills, too. Nice photos.
I'm glad Aurora had such a good day. Aurora and Presley were great little golfers - and what a cute picture of Clarkie with all his buds!
That's a great idea. Next time I babysit Z (weather permitting) I hope we can play miniature golf.
Post a Comment