Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Don't say no to me.

I'm a pretty reasonable mom, but sometimes I have to lay down the law. Recently Aurora's been coming up to me - completely out of the blue - saying things like this:

"Mommy, don't say no to me."
"Okay..."
"And don't ask me where I'm going."
"Oh, okay..."

Then she'll head into the kitchen. Most likely she'll just grab a snack, but there's a chance she could be doing something a little more sneaky, like cutting her own hair.


I do tell her 'no' if she's trying to eat snacks right before dinner. This girl would snack all day long and never sit down to a real meal if she could. She'd also cut every piece of paper in the house with her little scissors. This weekend Chuck made these cool Star Wars paper dolls (which she LOVES)...


After playing with them for a couple days, she asked if she could cut them. I said NO!!!

By the way, when she plays with Darth Vader, he is good and he only sighs, he does not breathe heavily. And with hair like hers, you really can't tell that she cut it.

5 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

She is certainly developing her own strong personality, LOL. And, she can even cut her own hair, LOL.

Julian said...

"Don't say no to me, and don't ask where I'm going! And I need you car." You're in for it aren't you Amber?

Of course Lillie has cut her own hair, her favorite paper dolls, and occasionally sneaks snacks before dinner. Pretty soon these will be you small battles:)

PS. I have had to teach Hansen how to sneak snacks...he always asks and is told "no" while Preston and Lillie just sneak away.

carol said...

I love the Star Trek paper dolls too ! So cool…….There's nothing wrong with snacking all day long - some people eat 6 small meals a day and graze their way through the day like my acupuncturist + me. I guess it all depends on what you're snacking on……LOL…..

Regarding cutting hair, I spent hours last sunday doing just that - must run in the family ! She looks so proud of herself holding her hair ! Definitely an independent minded personality - watch out ! "I need the car" is right around the corner.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! I think every little girl at some point cuts her own hair.

Zeland told me last night.."didnt you hear me mom I said no you cannot talk to daddy" bossy much??

Nancy said...

I'm impressed with the Star Wars paper dolls. I knew I had a talented son, but what he does always surprises me.

I'm glad Aurora is having fun with the paper dolls. Sometimes you have to say "no" to children. They need boundaries.