Last weekend we found a copy of Danny and the Dinosaur at a used book store. Chuck remembered it being a favorite when he was growing up and said the author even came to his school when he was little, so he thought it would be fun to read to Aurora. She loves it - in fact, it's the only book she's wanted us to read each night for the last week! In the book, Danny becomes friends with a dinosaur at a museum, so I thought perhaps this weekend I'd take Aurora to a museum. As I was searching online, I found something SO MUCH BETTER. Just half hour away there's a Dinosaur Park, right outside of Austin!
It was pretty awesome. They had a play area and dino dig, a cool gift shop, special photo spots, a 1/2 mile trail filled with close to 20 life size dinosaurs, and a scavenger hunt with other interesting fossils and facts for us to discover along the way.
Aurora was good at screaming whenever I told her one was scary, but she knew they were pretend.
At the end of the trail, we turned a corner to find the biggest dino yet, the brachiosaurus... which I think must be Danny's dinosaur in the book.
If only we could've gone for a ride on his back...



3 comments:
Glad you all enjoyed the visit with the dinosaurs. John like them, too, and recalls that Chuck & Andrew liked them. Our local Kenosha Museum has a big exhibit, too, that Granny Nancy enjoyed while visiting. I'll have to find the link to it for Aurora, LOL. I presume she loves to surf the web now, like most 2-4 years olds, per a recent article in USA Today.
Zeland would love that dinosaur park. He's really into dinosaufs, too. It must be the age.
What a cool park! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment