Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo Re-creation

My mom hasn't blogged in a long time, and I must say, I miss her photo re-creations.  I was looking through old emails yesterday and came across this photo that she sent me awhile back:


It struck me that, while I was a little younger in this photo than Aurora is now, little Aurora looks an awful lot like little Amber did!  The hair, the eyes... our re-creation may not do it justice, but on a whim we thought we'd give it a try...


Mom, I hope that 2011 is a better year for you and you're feeling better and blogging again soon.  We love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ellen, we do miss your blogging and photos and love you mucho and can understand that you may not feel like writing. The photo of you with little Amber (taken in 1977?) was so neat; thanks, Amber, for re-creating one with your daughter. I must add that the photo of Emily on the red couch in her recent Partial Panorama blog looks just like 16 year old Susie, don't you think? Signed, "Edgar" (she'll know who it is)

Cheezhead Robin said...

Nice photo re-creation, just like your mom's. Yes, you do look alike at that age, LOL.

I miss you mom's blog, too, and hope she'll be able to get back into the blogosphere soon with a Healthy 2011!

Susanna Powers said...

Any comparison between Emily and me is greatly appreciated. and Amber this post today is very beautiful. love, susanna

Anonymous said...

Aw, very sweet re-creation. Well, doing the chicken blog took a high silliness quotient and a lot of energy, which have been in short supply recently, but I'll see what I can do. I love both my girls in your picture - very cute.

sharon. said...

Wow. Aurora is a minnie-Amber! What a cute idea. One day when I have kids I want to do this. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Love the pictures. Aurora really does look like you at that age. It's amazing how much. I also saw some of Chuck in her when you were here. We really are a combination of both parents although one may dominate at times. When I was little everyone said I looked just like my dad. Now everyone who knew them say I look just like my mother.