Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Doing it.

I know I've focused the last couple of blogs on Halloween, but I have to say... a lot more happened this weekend than just Halloween.

A couple days after my last post about Aurora having accidents while potty training, the accidents stopped! At first she was just holding it in. She didn't really want to use the potty and her nighttime diapers and nap-time pull-ups were very wet. Then suddenly, she got it! The craziest thing is where and when she got it. 

We went to a tailgate before a UT football game on Saturday, and I decided that if we were going to be serious about potty training, we should go about our weekend plans with confidence. She wore her undies, and I didn't bring pull-ups or a change of clothes. An hour or so into it, I asked her if she wanted to try going in a port-a-potty, and she said yes! We went in, laid out some toilet paper and set her up on the toilet seat. I was really afraid that I'd be stuck kneeling down in the hot stinky out-house for a long time as she tried and tried and tried, but in just a few seconds she said "I doing it! I doing it!" and low and behold, she was doing it! She did it! I was so proud!


She peed in the port-a-potty with ease twice during our outing, and if she can do it there, she can do it ANYWHERE. And she had no problem sitting on a big toilet seat - at a restaurant, the book store, wherever we went. For 4 days now she's been able to tell me when she has to go, and go! No more accidents. The last two mornings she's even woken up with a dry diaper, which is pretty impressive.

We also had fun with our friends at the LIVESTRONG + Delivering Happiness + UT tailgate. We all wore name tags that included a spot to write "something a little weird that makes you happy." Mine said place mats. Aurora's said UNDIES!


I have a couple of cute videos to upload, but I'll save those for another day. For now, I'll leave you with this... "Hook'ems!!!"

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations Aurora! Good job!

Cheezhead Robin said...

Congrats to Aurora, YEEHAA!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Aurora! Woo hoo! We're so proud of you!

Unknown said...

yay!!! Good job Aurora! You will have to teach Z when you come visit!