Earlier this week she stepped on her tiny cheap plastic frog toy and its feet broke off. It has to have been the most dramatic response I've ever seen her have to any situation! First she put it in her mouth (???), then begged me to fix it, and then realized she never wanted to see it again and threw it in the trash. No other toy could've possibly remedied the situation, so I told her we could get her a new frog tomorrow, at which point she forced us to put on our shoes and dragged us to the car, insisting we go to the store NOW. We decided it would be more fun to go shopping than stay home mourning the loss of froggy, so off we went.
It turns out they toy store did not carry the kind of frog she had, but instead of telling her that, I searched for ANY frog they carried and when I found one said "Aurora, is this your froggy?" to which she responded "YEAH! THAT'S MY FROGGY!!!" - Whew, what a relief! It's NOTHING like her froggy, but wow does she love it. Seriously, everyday since then she's insisted it go with her everywhere we go. She even sleeps with it.
If only her froggy could eat the mosquitoes in our neighborhood. On the 4th of July Aurora got so many mosquito bites I just couldn't believe it. Normally the mosquitoes go for me, but I didn't get one bite, which is why I didn't even notice it was happening! Look at these sad little legs...
5 comments:
I remember you counting your mosquito bites when you were little - I guess mosquitos must like sweet little girls. That's a funny story about Aurora's froggy. Luckily it has a happy ending. Look at that happy girl!
Does Aurora know the story of the prince and the frog? Maybe this would be an appropriate time to see the video (if it's out). She might like the frogs in it.
Zeland likes frogs too. We've been reading the "Jump Frog Jump" book(It belonged to either Chuck or Andrew and I still have it)a lot. Maybe 2 year olds just like frogs.
Kermit? Maybe this is a good time for Aurora & Z to see the old the Muppet movies. John also video taped almost all of their TV shows, one of his favorite programs.
Phew, you got lucky! She could just as easily said, "NO, THIS IS NOT MY FROG!!!" and fell to the ground in the store sobbing. Crying tantrums in stores are just so fun!
Zeland is 100% in his terrible 2's but he is cute enough that I have decided to keep him. :)
And yep Z loves frogs too along with just about every other animal.
Post a Comment