Saturday, September 12, 2009

Daddy dressed me...

Yesterday when I went to pick up Aurora from school, Alice gave me a silly look as I approached (Aurora was playing in a tent so I couldn't see her) and said "I thought about changing her outfit, but I really wanted you to see this... this is how Chuck actually dressed Aurora for school today." Out walks my sweet little daughter with a huge smile on her face, wearing a backwards dress with denim shorts (both about a size too large). You can't really tell from this picture that the dress was on backwards, but take my word for it. Needless to say, Alice and I had a good laugh.

To his credit, the routine was rudely disrupted yesterday morning when Aurora puked all over herself and his car on the way to daycare. He had to go home, clean everything up, and try to find her a new outfit. He's not normally the one who picks out her clothes, and yes - he was shopping in the wrong part of the closet. And he claims he let her pick out what she'd wear herself, which is very sweet. For those of you more concerned about the puke than the clothing situation, we strongly feel that it was just something she ate, and she's been fine ever since.


On the flip-side, here's Aurora today in one of the cutest outfits she's been able to wear in a long time, thanks to today being cooler and rainy. Yes, mommy picked out these clothes, and while I like to brag that mama's choices are more stylish and functional - I will say that it took us trying 3 different outfits to decide on this one, and Aurora did not have any say in it.


Clothing choices aside, I have to give a big shout out to Chuck for taking such great care of his daughter under less than optimal circumstances. She's lucky to have such a good daddy, and really - she can pretty much pull off any style!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your right and Aurora can pull off any outfit cause she looks just as cute in her backwards dress. I am sometimes suprised to see what Andrew picks out for Zeland. I normally set clothes out for both boys on the mornings that Andrew is in charge.

Bailey said...

My dad used to have to do my hair when I stayed at his house during the schoolweek. Let's just say my ponytails were less than stylish. Big props to Chuck and of course Aurora always looks great no matter what she's wearing.

Amber said...

I look forward to the day Chuck attempts pony tails!

sharon. said...

Thia made me smile. And boy, did Aurora look super cute in her outfit you chose :)

Nancy said...

I think she looks cute in the backwards outfit, too. She's cute no matter what.