It seems like Aurora’s getting bigger every day. This weekend she grew up just a little more than usual. You see, at her last doctor appointment she finally weighed over 20 lbs, and once a child is 1 year and 20 lbs you’re allowed to move their car seat into the forward facing position.


I wasn’t really in a hurry to turn her around, but these last few days I could tell she was ready. Now that she takes one long nap in the middle of the day, she doesn’t take naps in the car anymore and she’s been getting frustrated during car rides. That and the AC doesn’t reach her as well when she’s rear-facing, and this weekend it got HOT in the ATX.

It’s so cute driving with her facing forward. She waves and giggles and cycles through all the words she can say, which is pretty much “hi,” “thank you,” “mama” and “uh oh.” Okay, so she still gets a little frustrated if we’re in the car for too long… I mean, she’s an active kiddo, she needs to PLAY!
Speaking of playing, today Aurora got to play with some of her favorite friends. Well, I guess I should say some of MY favorite friends! We had brunch with Amelia, then spent the afternoon with Teresa and Bailey at the Hill Country Galleria. We shopped, we ate, we played in the fountain… weekends just don’t get much better!

5 comments:
What a big girl to be facing forward! Now Aurora can see the world! Wow!
We just flipped J&A around and now they can watch their videos on the DVD player. It's the only time they watch tv since they climb on the one in the house. They think it's pretty cool...that and they can kick the back of the chairs and they think that's fun.
Aurora is so popular! I wish we had a picture of when she poked that other little girl in the belly as if she were the Pillsbury Doughboy
Really cool seat for watching the world go by!! Have fun, Aurora. There's a lot to see out there!
I'm all for forward looking. I guess I was a little ahead of the program when I put Zeland's carseat we were borrowing for Aurora facing forward when we picked you up at the Vegas airport. (What do I know! It's been 28 years since I had a one year old.)
Glad Aurora is on a growth spurt. She could end up being tall. There were some tall people on my mom's side of the family.
Post a Comment